Do you have questions?
Call our free helpline now.
At Washburn House, we designed our alcohol rehab center to support those who are struggling with alcohol use disorder. It also provides them with the resources and tools needed to build a sustainable, long-term recovery. Choosing to enter an addiction treatment center helps you resolve those issues that often arise in your daily life because of using alcohol.
Signs You Need an Alcohol Rehab Center
In addition to the effects that alcohol has on your daily life, other symptoms can indicate that an alcohol rehab center can benefit you. These include incidents such as the following:
- Thinking the highlight of a party is drinking
- Having to drink more to get drunk
- Missing school or work because of drinking
- Continuing to drink when others have stopped at social events
- Feeling like you can’t relax unless you have a drink
Binge drinking is another way that you could experience alcohol use disorder. We define this as having a certain number of alcoholic beverages within two hours. For men, that number is five drinks, and for women, it is four drinks.
Possible Effects Of Alcohol Use Disorder
Alcohol use disorder can cause social, emotional, physical, and financial side effects. These could have a detrimental impact on your life and its quality. As noted above, problems with relationships between you and those closest to you are just one possible issue. Another possibility is that you have a difficult time meeting your work or school responsibilities. This difficulty can affect your financial stability, and that of your family if they are relying on you for support.
The extended use of alcohol can also result in serious health issues such as brain damage, liver damage, vision problems, and weakened immunity. Excessive alcohol use can worsen or lead to a mental health disorder requiring dual diagnosis treatment for recovery.
In some cases, if you receive alcohol rehab services early enough, the effects of alcohol can be stopped and your health protected. The sooner you get help and support for alcohol use disorder, the better. However, it is never too late to reach out for assistance.
What to Expect at an Alcohol Rehab Center
While no two alcohol rehab centers are the same, nearly all begin your treatment process with a complete assessment. Of course, we focus this initial phase is on the frequency regarding your use of alcohol and its related details. However, it’s also essential to gain an understanding of your overall physical and mental health as well.
Once this step is complete, our staff uses this information to determine the ideal substance abuse treatment program for your needs. You’ll work with supportive and highly-trained professionals who have a vested interest in your success. For example, your treatment plan might include the following aspects:
- Medically monitored detox, which provides 24-hour medical care monitored by trained and professional staff. They can assist you if you experience severe withdrawal symptoms.
- Inpatient rehab is an excellent option for people who have just completed a detox program. We recommend this option because of the level of support and access to other services that it offers.
- The extended care addiction treatment program provides services to you after you’ve completed your substance abuse treatment program. Some examples might include weekly 12 step meetings and alumni services.
- Dual diagnosis treatment could be necessary if you are experiencing a mental health issue, such as depression or anxiety, in addition to a substance use disorder.
Alcohol Addiction Recovery at Washburn House
At Washburn House, our caring and attentive staff are here to support you throughout your recovery. Our alcohol rehab center features a range of services and programs that we designed to help you regain control of your life.
Our specialized programs include: